Women have specific needs when it comes to protecting the health of their bodies; particularly when it relates to maintaining healthy genitourinary organs. The health and integrity of the vagina, urethra, and bowel are all heavily dependent on the microflora which inhabits them. Lactobacilli bacteria, for example, are most abundant in the vagina and they provide a defense against the overgrowth of bad bacteria that can arise from the use of antibiotics, stress, excess sugar in the diet and other lifestyle factors. Therefore, ensuring a positive balance of these beneficial bacteria is of the utmost importance.
Research is increasingly showing that a diverse and healthy gut microbiome plays a role in fine-tuning the immune system and warding off damaging inflammation inside the body that may lead to conditions ranging from heart disease and diabetes to neurodegenerative diseases. When it comes to vaginal health, there are some common gynecological conditions that are thought to be caused by an imbalance of bacteria inside the vagina. More often than not, when women seek out probiotics, they're doing it in an attempt to ease discomfort caused by two of them: bacterial vaginosis and yeast infection. 
- Bacterial vaginosis is the most common vaginal infection in women of childbearing age. There's still a lot that experts don't understand about the condition, but it is associated with an overgrowth of harmful microorganisms, such as Gardnerella vaginalis or Prevotella, which outnumber "healthier" types of vaginal bacteria, including a common organism called Lactobacillus.
Vaginal yeast infection also stems from an imbalance in the vagina. But in this condition, the problem is a fungus called Candida, which overcomes healthy bacteria. Candida can exist normally in the vagina without any problem, but it may cause trouble if it outnumbers other microorganisms.
As with all of Dr. Kenawy's professional line products, we use the best manufactures in making our formulas. Dr. Kenawy’s Women’s Probiotic Formula is a combination of proprietary Lactobacilli and Bifidobacterium blends that provide 50 Billion live cultures per capsule. Together these species of probiotic bacteria have been shown to support a healthy bacterial balance in the vagina and urethra.† Our probiotic strains are stabilized using a patented poly matrix system (patent # 6, 653, 062) that provides 50 billion (CFU) microorganisms through expiration date when stored at room temperature. Each Bio-Enhanced, Acid Resistant Strain (BEARS) has been specifically designed to survive stomach secretions during digestion eliminating the need for enteric coating.† Our formula also contains prebiotics using FiberAid® (patented) and FOS.
- Strains used in the proprietary blends are exclusively from Danisco, a world leader in probiotic research and manufacturing.
- Very high potency at 50 billion viable cells per vegetarian capsule.
- Bio-Enhanced Acid Resistant Strains (BEARS) ensures survivability in both low (acid) and high (alkaline) pH environments.
- The BEARS strains in this formula are designed to withstand the acid conditions present in the stomach during digestion without the need for enteric coating.
- Danisco selects strains that have been cultivated under harsh conditions, and have developed the ability to adapt to extreme changes in environment (“survival of the fittest”) i.e. pH, temperature.
- The prebiotic blend consists of FructoOligoSaccharides (FOS) and FiberAid® arabinogalactans, a patented prebiotic from Lonza®. Together they support the growth of probiotics to sustain a healthy balance of microflora.
- FiberAid® is a unique soluble fiber that offers superior benefits for gastrointestinal health combined with excellent digestive tolerance. It's processed without chemicals and additives, so it's 100% natural. FiberAid has prebiotic properties, which means it nourishes the healthy bacteria in your gut.
- Fructo-oligosaccharides (FOS) are also used as prebiotics.
- Larch arabinogalactan is a fiber that ferments in the intestine that’s beneficial to digestive tract health.
- The proprietary Lactobacilli blend supports a healthy vaginal ecosystem through the production of antimicrobial substances.†
- High potency formula helps to quickly replenish healthy levels of probiotics in the vaginal and urinary tracts.†
- A normal healthy intestinal microflora, once established, helps to create an environment that is unfavorable for the growth of pathogenic bacteria.†
- Helps promote the growth of probiotics which have been diminished by the used of antibiotics.†
†These statements have not been evaluated by The Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Information and statements made are for education purposes and are not intended to replace the advice of your General Practitioner. If you have a severe medical condition or health concern, see your physician.
 Harvard Health Publishing. (n.d.-c). Does your vagina really need a probiotic? Harvard Health. https://www.health.harvard.edu/womens-health/does-your-vagina-really-need-a-probiotic