The old saying, "what you don't know can't hurt you," isn't always good advice. When it comes to toxic substances, WHAT YOU KNOW CAN HELP YOU. Radon in basements, lead in drinking water, exhausts from cars and chemicals released from landfills are just a few examples of toxic substances that can hurt you. By understanding how, you can reduce your exposure to chemicals and reduce your risk of harmful health effects.  †
According to The World Health Organization (WHO), natural toxins are toxic compounds that are naturally produced by living organisms. These toxins are not harmful to the organisms themselves but they may be toxic to other creatures, including humans, when eaten. These chemical compounds have diverse structures and differ in biological function and toxicity. Some natural toxins can be formed in food as defense mechanisms of plants, through their infestation with toxin-producing mould, or through ingestion by animals of toxin-producing microorganisms. Other sources of natural toxins are microscopic algae and plankton in oceans or sometimes in lakes that produce chemical compounds that are toxic to humans but not to fish or shellfish that eat these toxin-producing organisms. When people eat fish or shellfish that contain these toxins, illness can rapidly follow.  †
Adverse health effects of these natural toxins can be acute poisoning ranging from allergic reactions to severe stomachache and diarrhea, and even death. Long-term health consequences include effects on the immune, reproductive or nervous systems, and also cancer.  †
We are constantly exposed to a wide variety of potentially toxic substances. There are numerous sources of toxins including, the environment, food supply as well as prescription and over-the-counter medications all of which contribute to toxic overload. †
For example, food packaging is designed to contain and protect food from spoiling. But these same materials meant to keep our food safe, can also be a source of harmful chemicals, raising concerns about potential health impacts. Many of these chemicals are hormone disruptors—such as BPA, which is found in the lining of cans, phthalates in plastic food wrap, and PFASs used in greaseproof wrappers—that can leach into food and enter people's bodies. Not only do chemicals in food packaging raise health concerns, when disposed of in landfills, they can enter the soil and groundwater, potentially contaminating drinking water supplies. Manufacturers are not required to disclose the chemicals they use and regulatory oversight is slow and inadequate.  †
When it comes to over-the-counter (OTC) medications, most individuals assume that they are safe and free of serious side effects. When taken as directed, most over-the-counter medications are safe. However this is not true for everyone especially when combined with other over-the-counter drugs or prescription medications.  †
Rules to follow for over-the-counter pain medications  †:
- Don’t take them lightly.
- Check ingredients
- Prescription medications for pain often contain acetaminophen or ibuprofen
- Read the ingredient label
- Acetaminophen is sometimes abbreviated APAP.
- In other countries, some ingredients have different names. For example, in the UK, acetaminophen is called paracetamol.
- Don’t mix and match over-the-counter drugs.
- Always follow the directions on the package
- Generally don’t take OTC pain medications for longer than 10 days for pain or longer than 3 days for fever. If symptoms continue, check with your physician.
How can I minimize the health risk from natural toxins? When it comes to natural toxins it is important to note that they can be present in a variety of different crops and foodstuff. In a usual balanced, healthy diet, the levels of natural toxins are well below the threshold for acute and chronic toxicity. 
To minimize the health risk from natural toxins in food, people are advised to :
- not assume that if something is 'natural' it is automatically safe;
- throw away bruised, damaged or discolored food, and in particular mouldy foods;
- throw away any food that does not smell or taste fresh, or has an unusual taste; and
- only eat mushrooms or other wild plants that have definitively been identified as non-poisonous.
In conclusion, we are constantly exposed to a wide variety of potentially toxic substances. There are numerous sources of toxins including, the environment, food supply and prescription and over-the-counter medications all of which contribute to toxic overload. Through various biochemical and physiological mechanisms, the body is capable of neutralizing or detoxifying potentially harmful substances helping prepare them for excretion. The liver, being the major organ of detoxification, plays a major role in helping to chemically modify toxic substances in preparation for their removal from the body. ***To learn more about Liver and Detox, click here: Dr. Kenawy’s Liver and Detox Support Formula***
As with all of Dr. Kenawy's professional line products, we use the best manufactures in making our formulas. Dr. Kenawy’s Ultra Cleansing System AM/PM is a gentle whole body cleansing program that works on every system of your body in 30 days. The two formulas contain proprietary blends tailored to work together to rid your body of unwanted dietary and environmental impurities. This comprehensive multi-system formula contains Sunfiber®, a patented source of soluble fiber which research studies show helps to promote healthy bowel function. It is Organic, GMO free, Allergen free, Gluten free, Vegan, Kosher, Halal. This synergistic blend of ingredients is aimed to support the lymphatic system, liver, kidneys, bowels and other important body systems with the goal of disposing the body of potentially harmful, toxic substances.†
In our 'instant gratification' society there are countless cleanses that promise incredible results in five, even three days. If you have a little patience to take two capsules in the morning and two before bedtime for 30 days, you will notice quite a difference in the way you feel when you're done. Consider starting today, and please share your results with us. †
- 100% Herbal blend, Vegetarian capsules,
- The Ultra Cleansing System A.M./P.M. is a comprehensive, 30 day, multi-system cleansing and detoxification program, that is scientifically designed to naturally aid the body in the removal of potentially harmful substances.
- The Ultra Cleansing System A.M./P.M. is simple and convenient, requiring an individual to take only 2 capsules in the A.M. and 2 capsules in the P.M.
- Provides a gentle and effective combination of botanical extracts, that works synergistically to help support the body’s natural detoxification systems.
- Is safe and gentle and contains NO harsh laxatives, which can be dangerous and lead to physical dependency.
- Sunfiber® is 100% water-soluble bean fiber derived from the Indian Guar Bean (Partially hydrolysed guar gum, PHGG). It is a dietary fiber prepared by enzymatic fermentation from Indian Guar Beans.
- CERTIFIED AS LOW-FODMAP: Sunfiber® is the first fiber and first stand-alone ingredient to become a Monash University Low FODMAP CertifiedTM product. FODMAPs (Fermentable Oligo-saccharides, Disaccharides, Mono-saccharides and Polyols) are a group of dietary sugars which are poorly absorbed in the small intestine. They are known to cause gas related pain, intestinal distention and constipation and/or diarrhea in people suffering from functional gastrointestinal disorders (FGIDs) and irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).
- CERTIFIED AS TRUE DIETARY BY THE FDA: In May 2016, the US FDA created a new definition for dietary fibers based on clinical evidence that proves fiber benefits. Sunfiber® is one of only five natural fibers that fulfill this new FDA fiber definition. Sunfiber® is the only certified dietary fiber that is 100% water-soluble, non-viscous and that can be used in beverages and can still be labelled as a “dietary fiber” in the US. All other complex carbohydrates that do not yet fulfill this fiber definition have to prove that they have fiber benefits within the next two years.
- Sunfiber® reduces the glycemic index of foods, which helps decrease the post-meal glucose spike.
- This comprehensive program helps support major detoxification pathways in the liver and other body systems involved in the removal of potentially toxic substances.†
- By helping to support the excretion of toxins as well as encourage bowel regularity Ultra Cleansing System AM/PM helps support overall health and wellness.†
- Carefully selected botanical ingredients support major systems of the body: †
- Blood (Burdock, Celandine, Aloe)
- Bowel (Flax, Red Raspberry, Aloe, Marshmallow, Rhubarb, Fennel, Ginger, Peppermint, SunFiber™)
- Kidney (Dandelion, Artichoke, Corn Silk, Burdock)
- Liver (Milk Thistle, Artichoke, Dandelion, Yellow Dock, Rhubarb, Celandine)
- Lung (Red Root, Marshmallow, Fennel)
- Lymphatic System (Echinacea, Burdock, Yellow Dock, Oregon Grape, Milk Thistle)
- Skin (Burdock, Dandelion, Yellow Dock)
- Cleanses gently without disrupting an individual’s daily routine.
†These statements have not been evaluated by The Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Information and statements made are for education purposes and are not intended to replace the advice of your General Practitioner. If you have a severe medical condition or health concern, see your physician.
 World Health Organization: WHO. (2018, May 9). Natural toxins in food. https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/natural-toxins-in-food
 What You Know Can Help You - An Introduction to Toxic Substances. (n.d.). New York State Department of Health. https://www.health.ny.gov/environmental/chemicals/toxic_substances.htm
 Food packaging. (n.d.). Silent Spring Institute. https://silentspring.org/project/food-packaging#:%7E:text=Many%20of%20these%20chemicals%20are,food%20and%20enter%20people’s%20bodies.
 Department of Public Health and Human Services. (n.d.). Dangers of Over-the-Counter Medications. MONTANA.GOV. https://dphhs.mt.gov/Portals/85/dsd/documents/DDP/MedicalDirector/DangersOfOTC-MedsPt1-112513.pdf