Lion’s Mane (Hericium Erinaceus) is a mushroom that grows on trees, with long strand-like features that look similar to a mane. They are found in North America, Europe and Asia. They are a widely known medicinal mushroom that has been used for centuries in Traditional Chinese medicine. Recent studies on Lion’s Mane have shown it to be neuroprotective and have beneficial properties on the nervous system. †
The polysaccharides found in the cell walls of Lion’s Mane are the bioactive compounds responsible for the medicinal benefits. These compounds help to increase cognition, providing mental focus and clarity, as well as help to manage anxiety and depression. This balance helps the brain regulate and function properly and more efficiently. Studies show that along with helping to increase cognition, the polysaccharides in Lion’s Mane also help stimulate the expression of Nerve Growth Factor (NGF), which supports the regrowth of neurons and the overall health of the nervous system (eg: protect developing neurons and improve the general health and function of the brain).†
The polysaccharides in the Lion’s Mane Mushroom are the main antioxidants which scavenge free radicals preventing oxidative damage to DNA, proteins and fats. Studies have found that the bioactive compounds in the mushrooms have antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and other useful properties. This has caused an increased interest in mushroom extracts in the past few years.†
Dr. Kenawy’s product is composed of Lion's Mane Mushroom (Hericum erinaceus) powder [standardized to 55% polysaccharides (550mg)]. This ancient medicinal mushroom which helps support normal memory, focus, attention and mood. †
- 1g of Organic Lion’s Mane Mushroom Powder per serving.
- Standardized to 550mg polysaccharides.
- Vegetarian & Vegan.
- No Gluten, Dairy, or Soy.
- Supports Memory, Focus, & Brain Health†
- Helps strengthen memory and concentration as well as enhance cognitive abilities.†
- The polysaccharides of the Lion’s Mane mushroom could help induce neuronal differentiation and promote neuronal survival.†
- Lion’s Mane is an effective complementary treatment for mild cognitive impairment.†
- Promotes stimulation and the growth of brain cells to help protect them from damage caused by Alzheimer’s.†
- Promotes the regeneration of injured peripheral nerves in the early stages of recovery.†
- Helps provide powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant compounds and thereby helps to reduce chronic inflammation and oxidative stress.†
- May help to prevent blood clots and help to reduce the risk of stroke.†
- The polysaccharides extracted from lion’s mane have been shown to fight fatigue.†
†These statements have not been evaluated by The Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Information and statements made are for education purposes and are not intended to replace the advice of your General Practitioner. If you have a severe medical condition or health concern, see your physician.