Studies show that the average child does not meet the recommended daily intake for most vitamins and minerals.
According to CDC, Eating Behaviors of Young People:
- Between 2001 and 2010, consumption of sugar-sweetened beverages among children and adolescents decreased, but still accounts for 10% of total caloric intake.
- Between 2003 and 2010, total fruit intake and whole fruit intake among children and adolescents increased. However, most youth still do not meet fruit and vegetable recommendations.
- Empty calories from added sugars and solid fats contribute to 40% of daily calories for children and adolescents age 2–18 years—affecting the overall quality of their diets. Approximately half of these empty calories come from six sources: soda, fruit drinks, dairy desserts, grain desserts, pizza, and whole milk. Most youth do not consume the recommended amount of total water.
In Dr. Kenawy’s Children’s Chewable Multi with Probiotics is designed to help children meet their requirements for essential nutrients such as vitamin A (growth), C and zinc (immune health), D3 (bone health), Folate and B12 (brain function).The nutrients in this formula are found in forms that are easy for the body to absorb and utilize. Lactobacillus acidophilus has been included to help support intestinal and immune health.†
- Delicious cherry flavor loved by children
- Chelated minerals
- Lactobacillus acidophilus
- Contains vitamin D3 (Animal Parade® uses D2)
- Contains more vitamin C and Zinc than the leading brand (Nature’s Plus® Animal Parade).
- Lower in sugar and calories
- Contains xylitol
- Chelated minerals for enhanced absorption
- Lactobacillus acidophilus to support GI and immune health
- More vitamin C and Zinc provides added support for the immune system, growth and development as well as antioxidant protection.†
- The sugar alcohol xylitol doesn’t promote tooth decay. This being a chewable vitamin, xylitol provides an added benefit. Studies show xylitol helps support ear health in children.†
- A vegetarian product is an added benefit as many parents have their children follow a vegetarian diet, which is often low in certain vitamins and minerals such as vitamin D, iron and zinc.
†These statements have not been evaluated by The Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Information and statements made are for education purposes and are not intended to replace the advice of your General Practitioner. If you have a severe medical condition or health concern, see your physician.