Biotin (also known as vitamin B7 or Vitamin H) is a member of the B-complex family of vitamins. Biotin is an essential cofactor in the metabolism of nutrients including carbohydrates, fats and amino acids; thereby, converting them into nutrients which in turn provide energy to your body.
Most notably, biotin has been used to support conditions related to blood sugar metabolism as well as fat metabolism. Hence, Biotin assists in energy metabolism in cells. It also helps support healthy skin, hair and nails.†
It is a water-soluble B vitamin that can be found in foods include, but not limited to:
- Egg yolk
- Nuts and seeds
- Dairy (such as: milk, cheese, and yogurt all of which contain biotin in varying amounts)
- Sweet potatoes
- Whole grain foods
Biotin can also be produced by healthy gut bacteria, hence the importance of probiotics (“good bacteria”).
Dr. Kenawy’s product Provides 5mg (5,000mcg) of the highest quality USP-grade biotin available. USP Grade means that a product meets all of the requirements as contained in the USP monograph for that product and is manufactured in a cGMP compliant facility. If there is no USP monograph, a material cannot be labeled as USP Grade.†
- Provides 5 mg (5,000 mcg) per serving.
- Easy to swallow capsule.
- High quality USP grade biotin.
- Biotin is an essential cofactor for glucokinase, a key enzyme involved in glucose metabolism and the synthesis of glycogen (storage from of glucose).†
- Biotin, as a cofactor for chemical reactions involved in glucose metabolism has been shown to help support glucose levels already in the normal range.†
- Biotin is required for fatty acid synthesis and oxidation (“burning”) Deficiency of biotin has been linked to dry skin, and hair as well as poor nail structure (brittle nails).†
- Biotin has also been shown to promote normal, healthy nervous system function.†
†These statements have not been evaluated by The Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Information and statements made are for education purposes and are not intended to replace the advice of your General Practitioner. If you have a severe medical condition or health concern, see your physician.