The average child consumes a diet of highly processed, refined, high fat, high sugar, and low fiber foods that are often deficient in essential nutrients (vitamins, minerals, essential fatty acids, etc.). This type of diet may lead to poor gastrointestinal and immune health. When you combine a poor diet with medications such as antibiotics, the natural balance of “healthy” bacteria becomes compromised. The gastrointestinal tract consists of over 100 trillion bacteria from about 500 different strains. Most of these bacteria are beneficial “healthy” bacteria that provide significant health benefits including suppressing the growth of harmful bacteria, helping support digestion and absorption of essential nutrients, maintaining the overall health of the intestinal tract and supporting healthy immune function.†
Probiotics are “good” bacteria that may play an important role in maintaining your health when consumed. Lactobacillus (L. acidophilus & L. bulgaricus) is a type of good bacteria and a widely used probiotic. It’s primarily in the intestines and urogenital tract. It helps keep bad bacteria from multiplying in our body.†
Lactobacillus helps maintain an acidic environment in the body, which can prevent the growth of harmful bacteria. Lactobacillus acidophilus has been included to help support intestinal and immune health. This proper balance of gut flora (ie: intestinal bacteria, microbes) help keep your intestinal walls strong and bad bacteria at bay.†
Acidophilus assists in protein digestion, and has anti-fungal properties, helping to reduce blood cholesterol levels, aiding in digestion, and enhancing the absorption of nutrients. It is specifically beneficial to the upper GI and urogenital tracts.†
Please note, acidophilus should not be substituted by prescription medications.
Dr. Kenawy’s Children’s Acidophilus contains three of the best probiotic strains for children, in amounts that will help support and nurture healthy digestive and immune system function.† The strains in this formula have been developed by Danisco, a world leader in the research, development, and manufacturing of probiotics.†
- Consists of three strains from Danisco, a world leader in probiotics; Lactobacillus acidophilus (La-14), Bifidobacterium lactis (Bl-04) and Lactobacillus salivarius (Ls-33).
- These strains are Bioenhanced Acid Resistant Strains (BEARS) which helps ensures survivability in both low (acid) and high (alkaline) pH environments.
- Probiotic strains are manufactured using a patented poly matrix preservation system to preserve and ensure stability.
- Delicious natural grape-flavored chewable tablet.
The three probiotic strains in this formula have been carefully selected, as they have
been shown to help support normal, healthy gastrointestinal and immune system
function in children.†
The proprietary technology used by Danisco ensures the survival of the probiotics, even in
the harsh acid environment of the stomach, without the need for enteric coating.
- L.acidophilus (La-14) has been shown to help support the production of lactase enzyme thereby helping support the digestion of milk and other dairy products that contain lactose.†
- L.acidophilus also produces lactic acid, an acid that helps maintain a healthy intestinal tract. This strain also helps replenish probiotic bacteria in the intestinal tract after the use of antibiotics.†
- B. lactis (Bl-04) is effective at helping support intestinal health following antibiotic exposure and along with L. salivarius (Ls-33) helps support a normal, healthy inflammatory response within the intestinal tract.†
†These statements have not been evaluated by The Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Information and statements made are for education purposes and are not intended to replace the advice of your General Practitioner. If you have a severe medical condition or health concern, see your physician.